With the new year, Bamboo Airways is once again back with its frequent flyer status matching for 2023 but with a condition.
About Bamboo Airways
So just in case you have never heard about Bamboo Airways, it is the first private airline in Vietnam which was founded back in 2017. The airline has one of the most modern fleets in Vietnamese airlines consisting of 30 narrow and wide bodies.
The airline serves 29 destinations around the world including London Heathrow and Frankfurt using its latest Boeing B787-9s Dreamliners. On top of that, they want to introduce a first class cabin on future B787s.
About Bamboo Airways Bamboo Club
Bamboo Airways,’ frequent flyer program is called Bamboo Club and even though the airline is fairly new, it is a very organized program and offers a very good benefits for its own members. You can even buy points to redeem!
Let’s look at the tiers now. There are four tiers: Emerald, Gold, Diamond and First and these are divided into domestic members and international members with slight differences. Nevertheless, most of the perks offered are similar.
The perks of each tier are as follows.
- Priority Arrangement in case of flight irregularities.
- Earn and redeem miles.
- All of Emerald benefits plus;
- Priority boarding
- Priority baggage handling
- Free additonal 5kg checked baggage
- Priority check-in at selected airports
- Advanced seat selection
- 500 bonus points on birthday
- All of Gold benefits plus;
- Priority check in at selected airports plus one guest
- Access to business class lounges
- Free additonal 10kg checked baggage
- Complimentary upgrade to Bamboo Business if the original seat class is full and higher tiered seat class is available at the time of check-in or boarding
- 1,000 bonus points on birthday
- All of Diamond benefits plus;
- Priority check in at selected airports plus six guest
- Free additonal 20kg checked baggage
- Complimentary upgrade to Premium Economy class when buying Economy Saver tickets or higher tiered seat
- 1,500 bonus points on birthday
Bamboo Airways Bamboo Club Status Match Offer
Bamboo Airways’ frequent flyer program – The Bamboo Club is offering a status match that can be applied by the end of this year. The program is offering a status match to all elite members from airline alliances: SkyTeam, Oneworld and Star Alliance. So if you belong to any of the programs as an elite member, you could request a match by submitting an application.
Here is the detailed chart about the match.
- SkyTeam Elite, Star Alliance Silver and Oneworld Ruby holders will be matched to the Bamboo Club Gold tier.
- Lotusmiles Gold and Oneworld Sapphire will receive Bamboo Club Diamond tier.
- SkyTeam Elite Plus, Star Alliance Gold and Oneworld Emerald will be matched to top-tier First.
However, unlike the past two years, this year the program has conditions in order to match the tier. It published a term on the website that in order to match tier to First and Diamond, you must take at least one business class flight with Bamboo Airways between June 1, 2023, thru December 31, 2023.
And for the Gold tier, one economy flight must be taken within the above period of up. Not that the flight must be taken prior to tier matching submission.
Bamboo Airways’s Bamboo Club is offering a status match with a catch. Although you can match your elite membership with SkyTeam, Star Alliance or Oneworld, unlike in the past, you must take at least one flight on business class to be matched as First or Diamond and one flight on economy to match Gold tier.