From August 8 thru September 9, Cathay Pacific is offering the first 50 customers who book an Economy Class flight from and to Seoul, Korea, a complimentary one-time Business Class lounge invitation when transiting at Hong Kong International Airport.
The lounge invitation offer is exclusively for passengers booking tickets to/from seven select destinations Cathay Pacific currently operates. These destinations are:
- Tel Aviv
Passengers MUST commence or end their journey at Seoul.
Here are some examples of how you can receive the lounge invitation.
|Incheon-Hong Kong-London: Receive in Incheon during check-in|
Sydney-Hong Kong-Incheon: Receive in Sydney during check-in
How to receive the complimentary Business Class Lounge invitation:
First, you have to book a flight to/from one of the seven destinations listed above through the official Cathay Pacific website. Third-party or travel agency bookings will not be accepted.
Next, you have to send a message to Cathay Pacific’s chat support via KakaoTalk @캐세이퍼시픽항공 with a 6-digit booking reference number or 13-digit ticket number. This is where other nationalities except Koreans can be confused.
For context, KakaoTalk is a Korean social messenger app that the majority of Koreans use as a communication tool.
After sending your booking details to chat support, receive your lounge invitation card at the check-in counter on the day of your flight.
The application will be available for departures on or after August 12 and lounge requests are to be made on/before September 15.
Here are the terms and conditions.
|1. Passengers transferring in Hong Kong can enjoy the business class lounges of Cathey Pacific.|
2. The complimentary Business Class Lounge invitation will be offered to 50 passengers on a first-come first-served basis.
3. The request on the lounge access should be made at least 5 working days before the departure date of the segment you wish to enjoy lounge access.
4. Eligible customers should book flights through our official website to one of the 7 cities (Paris, Madrid, Tel Aviv, London, Manchester, Sydney and Melbourne) departing from Incheon.
5. Both one-way and round-trip ticket holders can request for lounge but complimentary lounge access will be provided one time only.
6. If you change the travel schedule through “Manage Booking” after finishing the application for the lounge access, please contact us via our KakaoTalk channel (@캐세이퍼시픽항공Open a new window) to revise the date of the invitation card.
7. There is no compensation for no-shows including when passengers could not use the lounge due to insufficient transit time.
8. The availability and opening hours of each lounge may vary depending on the situation.
Cathay Pacific The Pier Business Class Lounge:
The 50 lucky customers will be directed to use Cathay Pacific’s The Pier Business Class Lounge. Currently, Cathay Pacific has only opened two lounges at Hong Kong International Airport due to COVID-19 measures.
All passengers transiting through Hong Kong, and those starting their journey from Hong Kong and traveling to any destination other than the Chinese Mainland who fly Business, First and Oneworld elites will only be allowed to access The Pier Business Class Lounge.
So the lounge will tend to be quite packed with passengers.
Cathay Pacific is offering passengers who fly in and out to Seoul, Korea a chance to receive complimentary lounge access at Hong Kong International Airport while transiting.
Cathay Pacific offers interesting promotions from time to time so hurry if you have plans or booked Cathay Pacific flights to/from Seoul. Remember, only the first 50 of you will receive the lounge invitation card!