LifeMiles is consistent with offering promotions when purchasing miles. And another promotion is back this month.
From September 1 thru September 8, LifeMiles is having a flash sale with up to 140% bonus on purchased miles. On this flash sale, you can:
- Purchase between 1,000 to 20,000 miles and get a 120% bonus
- Purchase between 21,000 to 50,000 miles and get a 130% bonus
- Purchase between 51,000 to 200,000 miles and get a 140% bonus
The LifeMiles must be purchased in increments of 1,000 for US$33 and you can buy up to 200,000 miles before any possible bonuses with a rate of 1.38 cents per mile on this flash sale.
There are terms and conditions to this promotion:
- The minimum miles to purchase per transaction is 1,000 LifeMiles.
- The maximum amount of miles to receive by a member per calendar year is LM 200,000 (including miles purchased and bonuses received). If you exceed the limit, through purchases made during any promotion and other purchases in 2019, taking into account the bonuses received for those purchases, you will not be able to purchase any more miles until the next calendar year.
- Miles purchased and earned with this option do not apply to achieve or maintain the Elite status.
- The purchase of miles is non-reversible and non-refundable. The purchase of miles is an immediate execution contract. Once the payment is made, the miles will be accrued immediately on your account. As of that moment, the miles can be used according to the terms and conditions of the LifeMiles program. For these reasons, the purchase of miles is a contract that cannot be resolved and retraction or similar rights according to applicable law are not applicable.
LifeMiles Award Booking
Paying up to US$6,600 seems overpriced but in fact, you can receive 480,000 LifeMiles where you can book up to 8 one-way business classes on transatlantic routes or 6 one-way business classes from Asia to Europe. Considering the fare to be around US$2,200 ~ US$3,000 on a one-way trip, this offer is definitely a catch.
And the best thing? LifeMiles does not charge fuel surcharges on award redemptions. Short of LifeMiles, you can have the option of LifeMiles + Cash to make the booking though I don’t really recommend to this way.
LifeMiles is back again by offering bonus miles up to 140% on purchased miles. This is a great opportunity to purchase miles if you missed the previous 145% bonus miles promotion last month.
Although LifeMiles is known to have horrible customer support, the cheap miles for purchase are convenient when booking Business and First Classes on Star Alliance partners and it is one of my favorite programs to redeem miles.