LifeMiles is back with another promotion. And this time not only a bonus but there is also a discount on redemptions if you buy miles on this promotion as well. LifeMiles is known to offer constant bonus miles promotions nearly every month with a maximum of 165% bonus this April.
140% Bonus Miles On Purchased Miles
Through October 25, 2022, members purchasing LifeMiles will receive up to a 140% bonus. Here are the bonus offerings on miles purchased:
- Purchase between 1,000 to 20,000 miles and get a 120% bonus
- Purchase between 21,000 to 50,000 miles and get a 130% bonus
- Purchase between 51,000 to 200,000 miles and get a 140% bonus
The LifeMiles must be purchased in increments of 1,000 and you can buy up to 200,000 miles per calendar year before any possible bonuses.
5% LifeMiles Rebate on Redemptions
A month ago, the LifeMiles program had a promotion offering members a 10% rebate on award redemption when purchasing miles. Though not as high as the previous offer, on this promotion, a 5% rebate is given. You can check here for more information.
But there are some terms in order for a 5% return to be applied:
- The miles rebate applies to LifeMiles members who purchased miles in the 2×1 promotion between October 13th, 2022, through October 25th, 2022.
- Award redemption must be made between October 13th, 2022, through October 25th, 2022.
- The rebate is calculated on the number of miles required to make the first redemption of an air ticket in one transaction.
- Miles rebate will be applied to the member’s account no later than 15 business days after the redemption transaction.
What’s best with the promotion is that there is no minimum amount of miles that needed to be purchased. You could buy just 1,000 miles to take advantage of the 5% rebate.
How Much Does LifeMiles Cost
LifeMiles usually cost US$33 per 1,000 miles and with the current promotion, you can receive up to 440,000 miles for US$6,600 which is around 1.5 cents per mile.
LifeMiles is one of the best programs in Star Alliance to redeem on partners as the program does not charge fuel taxes. But since there might be phantom award availabilities, it is best to compare different programs to check if there really is an award seat available.
For example, one way from South Asia to Europe in First Class costs 102,000 miles and with the promotion, you’ll receive 5,100 miles back after redeeming the flight.
Through October 25, 2022, LifeMiles is back with another buy miles promotion. In addition to the 140% bonus points, the program is offering a rebate on award redemption when purchasing miles.
This promotion can be valuable when redeeming miles as members are able to receive a 5% mileage rebate on award tickets. So if you plan to book flights with the LifeMiles program, I’ll definitely recommend you since there is no purchase limit to get the rebate.