It has been an interesting day for Virgin Atlantic announcing the joining of the SkyTeam alliance and now Qatar Airways and ALL – Accor program is launching awesome cross-reward loyalty benefits for members.
Qatar Airways and ALL – Accor Partnership
Qatar Airways Privilege Club and ALL – Accor Live Limitless announce the enhancement of their strategic partnership. This will allow members to earn both Avios and ALL Reward points, while also fast-tracking their tier status.
Similar to the above partnership, American Airlines AAdvantage and World of Hyatt are offering reciprocal status benefits in 2019.
Earning Points From This Partnership
To earn Avios and points on each respective program, members should link their accounts. After linking membership accounts, Privilege Club and ALL members will earn up to 1 Avios for every €1 spent on eligible stays at participating Accor hotels, in addition to the usual ALL Reward points.
Moreover, Privilege Club and ALL members earn 1 ALL Reward point for every $2 spent on eligible Qatar Airways flights, alongside the usual Avios. There are some exceptions as below:
For every 10 Euros spent on an Eligible Stay,
- Members will receive 5 Avios at ibis, ibis Styles and Mama Shelters,
- Members will receive 4 Avios at Adagio brands,
- and 2 Avios at Adagio Access brands.
Elite Status Fast-Track Opportunity
Qatar Airways Privilege Club and ALL – Accor will offer one-time elite status fast-track opportunities. With this fast-track status upgrade, for Qatar Airways Privilege Club members:
- Privilege Club Gold members will be upgraded to Silver status from ALL after one eligible stay with Accor and
- Privilege Club Platinum members will be upgraded to Gold Status from ALL after one eligible stay with Accor.
In the meantime, for ALL – Accor elite members:
- Gold members of ALL will be upgraded to Privilege Club Silver membership after one flight with Qatar Airways,
- Platinum members of ALL will be upgraded to Privilege Club Gold membership after one flight with Qatar Airways and
- Diamond members of ALL will be upgraded to Privilege Club Platinum membership after one flight with Qatar Airways.
Qatar Airways offered a status match in the past with airline partners but I think this is the first time the airline is offering fast-track with a hotel rewards program. Keep in mind that the status earned will only be valid for 12 months for Qatar Airways Privilege Club and a calendar year for ALL – Accor members. After the 12 months period, members need to requalify based on the original requirements.
Elite Benefits On Qatar Airways and ALL – Accor
This cross-rewards program between Qatar Airways Privilege Club and ALL – Accor allows members to have priority benefits whether flying or staying. This is especially great for those who are Accor top-tier Platinum and Diamond members as they will be automatically matched to Qatar Airways Privilege Club Gold and Platinum with only one flight.
Of course, based on the amount Platinum and Diamond members spend per year is more than equivalent to being a Gold and Platinum member on Qatar Airways.
Qatar Airways Privilege Club and ALL – Accor Live Limitless launched cross-reward benefits where members are able to earn both Avios and Reward points from ALL on eligible flights and hotel stays.
Not only this, members can fast-track to elite tiers on each program just by taking one flight with Qatar Airways or staying at any Accor properties internationally.