Back in June 2021, United announced its plans to modernize its domestic narrow-body fleet with enhanced cabin and seat features. Now, the airline has revealed the initial routes for the newest narrowbody aircraft and tickets are now on sale.
United Airlines Orders 70 Airbus A321neos
United Airlines has a total of 70 Airbus A321neos on order in alignment with its “United Next” initiative. The A321neos will be delivered in late 2023 and these aircraft will be a huge improvement over the previous versions as it offers unmatched capabilities, operating economics, and passenger friendliness.
United Airlines A321neos Flying as of December 2023
The airline has revealed the details of its initial flight and routes and now tickets are on sale. These are the schedules as of now and may be subject to change.
- Chicago (ORD) – Phoenix (PHX) from December 14, 2023
- Chicago (ORD) – Fort Lauderdale (FLL) from December 14, 2023
- Chicago (ORD) – Orlando (MCO) from January 9, 2024
- Chicago (ORD) – Fort Myers (RSW) from January 9, 2024
- Chicago (ORD) – Las Vegas (LAS) from January 9, 2024
It appears that United will be basing the A321neos out of Chicago until the airline receives more aircraft in the future.
Details of United Airlines’ Brand New A321neo
The A321neo will feature a total of 200 seats in two-class configurations. This includes 20 in First Class, 57 Economy Plus, and 123 standard Economy Class seats. You can check out the seat map below:
There will be some positive changes in the Economy Class with seatback entertainment, high-speed Wi-Fi, AC power, and USB outlets on every seat. Also, you can expect significant improvements in the First Class cabin. The new United First seat will feature:
- Vegan leather upholstery with an 11 x 19-inch divider and winged headrests
- 13-inch, high-definition screen
- A larger, 18 x 8.5-inch tray table features a built-in tablet holder and enough space for most standard laptops
- Italian quartzite cocktail tables and bottle holders between each seat, passengers don’t have to balance gadgets, drinks and snacks on one tray table
- Bluetooth connectivity for audio and remote
- Privacy screens and an ergonomist-designed cushion
- AC household-style outlet and USB-C port, including wireless charging
United’s A321neo aircraft will also feature Airbus’ Airspace cabin design with unique cabin lighting, slimmer sidewall panels, full LED lighting technologies, and lavatories with hygienic touchless features.
United Airlines Airbus A321neos will be joining the fleet as of December 2023 and the initial routes for the new aircraft have been revealed. The first A321neo flight will operate from Chicago and Phoenix with special flight number UA321.
The A321neos will feature improved cabin experience for all passengers although it is configured denser than American and Deltas A321neos.