The World of Hyatt and American Airlines AAdvantage program has launched a status fast-track opportunity that can be valuable.
Hyatt & American Airlines Partnership
As a brief history, the World of Hyatt program and American Airlines AAdvantage program launched a partnership back in 2019. This allowed members from both programs to receive reciprocal benefits after linking both accounts. Here are details about the benefits.
Registered members will receive:
- 1 World of Hyatt bonus point for every eligible $1 spent on qualifying American Airlines flights
- Earn 1 AAdvantage mile for every eligible $1 spent on qualifying Hyatt stays and experiences
World of Hyatt Status Fast Track for AAdvantage Members
When registering by November 30, 2023, American Airlines AAdvantage elite members can take a World of Hyatt fast-track challenge to earn either Explorist or Globalist status depending on the qualifying activity. The AAdvantage elite member includes:
- Platinum Pro
- Executive Platinum members
In order to take advantage of the fast-track offer:
- Registration is required by November 30, 2023
- Members will receive temporary Explorist status that can be extended through February 2025
- Complete the challenge within 90 days of registration
So how can you retain the Explorist or reach Globalist status? Here are the qualifying activities:
- Members will earn Explorist status by staying 10 qualifying nights within 90 days
- Members will earn Globalist status by staying 20 qualifying nights within 90 days
American AAdvantage Status Fast Track for World of Hyatt Elites
Select World of Hyatt elites will receive a status fast-track opportunity with the American AAdvantage program. This specific offer is available to those who link both World of Hyatt and AAdvantage accounts. Once linked, if you are eligible for the offer, it will be shown on your “promotions” tab on your AAdvantage account.
If you are eligible, you can take advantage of the fast-track offer:
- Registration is required by October 12, 2023
- Members will receive temporary Platinum Pro status for four months
- Members will maintain the status when reaching one-third of the required Loyalty Points in four months
- If you meet the required Loyalty Points three consecutive times (12 months), you will receive the status for the following membership year
Here are the requirements in order to retain each status.
You can check American Airlines’ Loyalty Points page to calculate how much you need to spend on flights in order to receive specific Loyalty Points. Based on the calculation, you would need to spend around $7,500 in order to reach the Executive Platinum status.
The World of Hyatt and American Airlines AAdvantage program is offering a status fast-track promotion where AAdvantage elites can take part to earn Hyatt’s Explorist or Globalist status.
On the other hand, World of Hyatt elites can take part in the status fast track offered by American Airlines however, this is still targeted to minorities unlike the former.